You’re tired of placing straight forward sports bets.
You want to place a bet with a little more oomph in the odds.
Double result betting could be the answer for you.
By the end of this guide, you’ll be a double result betting subject-matter expert and ready to place some (hopefully) winning double result sports bets.
What Is A Double Result In Sports Betting?
If you are new to sports betting, you may be asking yourself, “What is double result in betting?”
When you place a double result bet, you are betting on two outcomes in one match with one stake.
A double bet is a single betting option that combines the score of a game at half-time and the score at the end of the game.
Assuming the half-time bet wins, the stake is then carried over to the second bet.
Both results must be right in order to win the bet.
Typical Sports Betting vs. Double Result Sports Betting
Straight forward bets and double result bets are two completely different ball games.
Double result sports betting has gained popularity over the recent years—but why?
Let’s take a look at why someone might choose to place a double bet over a straight forward bet.
How Does Double Result Sports Betting Differ from Straight Forward Betting?
Straight forward bets only have three possible outcomes:
Double result bets up the ante by requiring you to bet on two outcomes instead of one.
Since you are betting on two outcomes with a double result bet, there are nine possible outcomes:
How Are Odds Determined in Double Results Sports Betting?
The odds differ based on the probability of which double result line you choose to bet on.
Double result bets have been gaining popularity in recent years because the payout is higher than straight forward betting.
However, with greater rewards also comes greater risks.
Keep in mind that you must correctly predict both outcomes to win the bet, and you now have nine different outcomes vs. three outcomes in straight forward bets.
More possible outcomes equals more chances to lose.
However, if you have to win a double result bet, you’ll enjoy a nice payout.
For example, a Win/Loss bet on a home team will have higher odds than a Win/Win bet for a home team. This is because it is less likely for a home team to lose than it is for them to win.
Other factors like how strong of a favorite the home team actually is can determine the odds for a double result bet.
If you place a bet on an unlikely outcome, the odds are stacked against you for winning the bet.
However, if you just so happen to bet correctly, you will get a much higher payout than if you were to win a straightforward bet.
Double Result Betting Strategy
Now that you understand what a double bet is, let’s huddle up and talk about betting strategy.
Having a solid betting strategy doesn’t mean you need to pour hours of research into the teams and game you want to bet on, but you do need to have a clue on why you are placing a bet on a certain outcome.
If you are serious about sports betting, never bet blindly—This only increases your chances of losing and sets you up for failure.
Study the teams that are playing in the game you are going to place bets on.
Find out if:
- A team has a reputation for coming out of the gate hot and slowing down by halftime
- A team saves stamina for the second half and is known for comebacks
- A team plays better at home or on the road
- Any circumstances could affect the game, like weather, player injuries, etc.
Once you’ve done your research, start weeding out the outcomes that are least likely to happen.
Unless you can predict the future, there is no strategy that will guarantee you a win.
Team performance and game dynamics can change at any given moment, but studying which outcomes are most likely to happen can give you an advantage when it comes time to bet.
How Do You Place a Double Result Bet?
Now you are ready to place a double bet.
Placing a double bet is fairly easy, just follow these steps:
- Select the event that you would like to place a double result bet on.
- Choose one of the nine double result bet lines.
- Enter your stake for the bet. Keep in mind, that this should be the total stake for the entire bet. Play responsibly and never bet any amount of money that you can’t afford to lose.
- Double-check that everything is selected and entered correctly before confirming your bet. If you happen to win your double result bet, the winnings will be credited to your account after the final result is announced.
Double Result Betting Pros and Cons:
If you are looking for something different than betting straight forward, double result betting could be a good choice for you.
However, there are advantages and disadvantages to any kind of bet.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of double result betting that you need to be aware of.
When it comes to placing a double results bet, you can expect higher odds than betting straight forward.
This can mean that if you win, you could walk away with a lot more money depending on which double results bet line you won.
Let’s say that you placed a bet on a Loss/Loss on a highly favored home team and won.
Because the outcome was the least likely to happen, this choice had the highest odds and you ended up winning a lot of money.
On the flip side of the coin, there is a higher risk of losing a double bet result vs. a straight forward bet.
This is because there are nine possible outcomes in a double result bet while there are only three outcomes in a straight forward bet.
Additionally, both half-time and full-time outcomes must be correct in order to win the bet.
Winning a double result bet will require more strategy in order to determine the correct outcome.
Double Result Betting Examples
While the basics of double result betting generally remain the same, the rules can differ based on which sport you are betting on.
Additionally, the dynamics of different sports games are different. You’ll have to account for these differences when creating your betting strategy for a specific game.
Let’s take a look at some examples.
Double Result Bet: Hockey
Hockey is split into three periods rather than two halves, so the double result bets are placed on the outcomes of the 1st and 3rd periods.
You place a tie/win bet on the Blues.
In order to win this bet, the Blues must be tied with the Rangers at the end of the 1st period and win at the end of the 3rd period.
Double Result Bet: Football
In football, the basic rules of double results bets remain the same. Bets are placed on the half-time and full-time outcome.
Double result bets are fairly common in NFL Football, due to the volatility of the score swinging back and forth throughout the game. This increases the chances and hopes of a comeback.
You place a Tie/Win bet on the Jaguars.
Due to point volatility, ties at the end of the first half are rare occurrences, which means high odds.
If your bet happens to be right on the money, you’d be in for an exhilarating second-half cheering on the Jaguars and hoping for victory.
Double Result Bet: Basketball
Like football, basketball games also have high score volatility that can make predicting the half-time outcome and full-time outcome rather difficult.
The prices for double result bets are typically short compared to other sports.
Players can take advantage of comeback scores by placing Win/Loss or Loss/Win bets since ties are a very rare occurrence and the scores are usually close.
For example, the Portland Trailblazers have taken the lead with 42 points compared to the Brooklyn Nets 36 points. While the Trailblazers had the half-time lead, they ended up losing the game at 87-94.
When it comes to double result betting on basketball games, it’s important to account for volatility when creating your betting strategy.
Sports Betting With ZenSports
Over 1,000 online sports-books exist, but none of them offer a peer-to-peer marketplace on a mobile app— except for ZenSports.
ZenSports is a peer-to-peer sports betting mobile app that is bringing mobile sports betting out of the dark ages by using blockchain and cryptocurrencies to eliminate the bookmaker.
ZenSports stands out from other sports betting options for 4 key reasons:
- Peer-to-peer Marketplace. ZenSports is the only true peer-to-peer sports betting marketplace in the industry, meaning there is no bookmaker in the betting process. Because of this, ZenSports charges 50%-90% lower betting fees than traditional bookmakers.
- Mobile-first. ZenSports is a native mobile app for iOS and Android that is superior to clunky, ancient sports betting websites from traditional bookmakers. Additionally, a mobile web product will launch in Q4 2020.
- SPORTS Cryptocurrency Token. This is a cryptocurrency utility token created by Zensports, which can be used to place bets and earn other rewards and perks as part of the loyalty rewards program.
- Semi-decentralized Platform. Currently, ZenSports offers a transparent and trustworthy semi-decentralized platform that no sports betting companies come even close to competing with. This means ZenSports never gets in the middle of resolving bets or outcomes, but there are some sets of rules/guidelines to ensure that all bettors act in good faith and betting contracts sit on our private servers. Our eventual goal is to become completely decentralized and have all aspects of betting contracts sit on the blockchain.
Double Result Betting With ZenSports
Are you ready to get more out of your double result betting winnings?
Earn more money by placing bets with ZenSports.
Our ZenSports loyalty program offers:
- An additional 60% off our already unbeatable betting fees
- Cashback bonuses based on your betting value
- Bonuses for making infrequent withdrawals
- Bonuses when you refer friends to ZenSports
- And more awesome perks, rewards, and promotions
Download the ZenSports app today to begin maximizing the earnings of your double result bets.