It’s the playoffs. You want to bet on a game, but where do you get started?
Maybe it’s the preseason and this year’s team looks promising. You want to find a way to make it more exciting.
How do you wager on your favorite player or team safely?
There is a way to safely and legally bet on basketball online.
In this guide, we will walk you through how you can bet on sports online, and some dos and don’ts of online basketball betting.
Table of Contents
- Basketball Betting – Can You Bet On Basketball With ZenSports?
- What Exactly Is ZenSports?
- Online Betting Made Easy With ZenSports
- Basketball Online Betting – Is It Legal?
- Basketball Online Betting – Is It Safe?
- Popular Online Basketball Betting Sites
- What To Look For When Choosing A Site For Online Basketball Betting
- Ultimate Dos And Don’ts For Basketball Online Sports Betting
- How To Bet On Basketball Games Online With ZenSports
Basketball Betting – Can You Bet On Basketball With ZenSports?
The short answer is, yes!
Have you ever wanted to make a bet on the number of 3-pointers scored in the first half?
How about that underdog team that just might beat your chosen point spread in their next game?
Take David for example. David, a legacy basketball fan after his Dad, was able to safely make a bet on the next Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat game with:
- His Dad in Miami
- His brother in Massachusetts
- A random, avid NBA fan in the Netherlands
- An anonymous person in Canada
- And his friend in Orlando
So how does ZenSports allow David to do this?
What Exactly Is ZenSports?
With ZenSports, you make your own bets and set your own terms. It’s a peer-to-peer betting system where you can choose to create or accept sports bets.
You have the control to create your own terms, which eliminates the need for a traditional sports bookmaker. You can also take other’s bets with ZenSports.
And you can do this with people around the world.
All from the convenience of your Android or iPhone.
Basketball Online Betting Made Easy With ZenSports
Basketball is one of the highest-scoring games of any sports.
That’s a lot of potential.
How is it done?
To create a bet, you go through these simple steps:
- On the ZenSports app, you click “create a bet”. Then choose basketball or a specific player. But hey, you’re not limited to one sport. But if you’re a basketball fan, it’s a good idea to start betting on sports you know.
- Do you want to bet on a specific player? Season? Game? Pick your choice and time period.
- Make sure you choose the season you want to make a bet on. ZenSports will provide a list.
- Choose your bet type or make it free-form.
- When do you want your bet to expire? A specific date? After X amount of hours or days? After a specific game?
- Enter in your odds. ZenSports can help you with this. You can edit this up until a bet-taker accepts it. Here’s where you can choose the currency: USD or SPORTS Tokens. You’ll get a confirmation your bet is ready to be accepted on your device and you’re good to go.
The best online basketball betting site is one that is safe and easy to use. Keep reading to find out how quality sports betting sites protect you.
How Currency Works With ZenSports
You can use USD for bets, and we also use cryptocurrency and a utility token called SPORTS. You can purchase this currency on the app and use it to make or take bets.
SPORTS utility tokens allow for discounts and cashback rewards, bonuses, and other perks.
There are no long wait times or deposit fees. This also reduces betting fees compared to traditional bookmakers. Betting with USD or BTC (Bitcoin) works, but these methods don’t come with a rewards system.
What’s the benefit of using a cryptocurrency? Keep reading to learn more about how cryptocurrencies and blockchains can protect you from hackers.
Basketball Online Betting – Is It Legal?
Yes, and no.
It depends on where you live. In 2018 the Supreme Court struck down a 1992 federal law banning sports betting. States can now make their own decision regarding sports wagering.
There has been a movement towards legalization in the last couple of years. More and more states are passing legislation making some form of sports betting legal. Some states allow for in-person betting only. Some are more flexible and allow online and in-person betting.
Currently, 18 states have legalized sports betting and 4 states have passed legislation. Be sure to check your state.
Basketball Online Betting – Is It Safe?
It’s hard to have fun when you’re worried about getting scammed. So how do you bet safely?
The first step to avoid getting conned is to do your research. We can all agree that placing bets with an illegal bookkeeper is a bad idea. By general consensus, the wrong side of the legal system is no fun.
A safe online betting site will have a couple of things:
- Protection against hackers. A good way to ensure this is the use of a cryptocurrency and blockchain.
A cryptocurrency is a digital payment system that doesn’t need banks to verify transfers. This also gives users the benefit of instant fund transfers. Bank transfers can sometimes have long wait times.
A blockchain is how cryptocurrencies are recorded. Basically, blockchains are publicly recorded transactions that code your name and information. Like how you use a username on social media. These are pretty common for websites that use peer-to-peer transactions.
- Site transparency. Does the site clearly disclose its policies, procedures, fees, and how they will protect your information? If not, steer clear.
Popular Online Basketball Betting Sites
When thinking about where to bet on sports online, here are some key things to look for.
The most popular online basketball betting sites are ones that are:
- Easy to use
- Have promotions or rewards systems
- Competitive odds
- Transparent banking options
- Legal! Let’s not forget that important one.
What To Look For When Choosing A Site For Online Basketball Betting
Some things that make online basketball betting sites competitive are:
- The ability to bet on individual NBA players. Basketball is full of incredible individual talent that can shift the tide in a single game or season. The ability to wager on these players is a key draw.
- The ability to bet on games in the distant future. This way you can have off-season action and play the varied future lines.
- The ability to bet on team or player props, or proposition bet. A prop bet is one that doesn’t depend on the outcome of the game. An example of a prop bet is: who will score first? If you want to bet which team scores the first 3-pointer or which player has the most rebounds in a game, having the flexibility to do that makes online basketball betting so much more entertaining.
Ultimate Dos And Don’ts For Basketball Online Sports Betting
Let’s talk about what you should do and what you should avoid when betting on basketball.
Don’t Bet With Your Emotions
You’re feeling invincible today. The sun is shining. Breakfast was awesome. Your favorite TV show just uploaded a new season on Netflix.
Today is the day you put way too much money on the worst team in the league. That’s a gamble, not a bet.
Betting on sports is best done with knowledge, not the feels. Use your head and not your heart.
Don’t Drink And Bet
“Man! todaiii I KNOW my boi will get shshdt free-throw disss time”. That doesn’t sound like a solid decision-maker.
Dumb decisions will be the chaser you didn’t need after you hit that bottle of tequila.
If you need to, put limits on yourself about when you drink and when you can make or take a bet.
Do Your Research
The more you know, the more prepared you can be to make or take smart bets on basketball. Here are some key things to know:
- Know the schedule. Back to back games have a history of poorer performance as fatigue sets in. Not all teams do as badly during back-to-backs, so do your research to learn what you’re willing to bet on.
- Grudge matches. These games have an added level of excitement and possibility to wager on. Is a certain player going up against their old team? Did two players have a rivalry last year that you’re interested in?
- Pay attention to the geography. Does a team have a 5-hour flight to get to their next game or do they have a home-court advantage? Jet lag can suck the stamina out of even the most seasoned team or player.
- Are there player injuries? It’s wise to learn which players and teams have been affected by injuries this season or game.
Do Know Your Limits
Know the limits of the budget you’re willing to spend and how much risk you’re willing to take. If it’s lots, more power to you. If it’s a little, no problem.
The important part is that you are enjoying your experience and getting what you want out of sports betting.
How To Bet On Basketball Games Online With ZenSports
The best experiences you will have when you make or take a bet on sports are ones that are:
- On a credible site that uses secure methods of protecting your data and currency.
- Betting criteria that allow prop, team, and player bets and flexible write-in bets.
- Fun! If you’re sitting at home watching the game you can open the ZenSports app and make or take a bet right there. In between tedious work meetings? Stuck inside during the pandemic? Sports betting can add excitement to a potentially boring experience.
- Protect you in case of disputes. Is someone not playing nice? We have a dispute resolution system in place that ensures all bets are scored correctly. This uses blockchains to make sure scores are accurate.
Here at ZenSports, we want to make your experience as easy, safe, and fun as possible.
Online basketball betting is made easy with ZenSports, just follow these simple steps:
- First, download the app. The links for both Android and iPhone can be found on our website.
- Create a ZenSports account. On an Android, you can use a Facebook login or an email. For iPhone users, tap the “Sign in with Apple” button.
Pick your favorite sport (or two) and start placing bets!